Processing venison at the Edgewood Locker is not a sideline. It is an integral part of our business and was the driving force behind the construction of our new facility in 1997. With over 40 homemade venison products to offer, we are confident you will be 100% satisfied. Whether you bring your deer in field-dressed, quartered, or boned-out, we will process your deer in the most efficient and wholesome manner possible.
During the 2008-09 deer season, we processed 3,750 whole deer carcasses. In addition, our customers brought nearly 125,000 lbs of boneless deer to be made into our award winning sausage. That is over 340,000 lbs of homemade venison products!
FYI: Shotgun season whole deer carcasses will be processed before boneless venison that is brought in. We will do our best to process the meat in the order it’s received.
No matter if your address is Edgewood, Arlington, Galena or Boscobel our goal is to gain your repeat business. Year after year, at Edgewood Locker, Inc., we aim to achieve that goal.
We also accept the Food Assistance Card on venison processing.
Click Here for a list of the venison prices & products that we offer. Feel free to print this sheet and make your selections before you hunt to expedite the process when you get here to drop off your deer!
We will not accept deer or deer trim without a deposit!!!
A $50.00 deposit is required per deer.
A deposit of $1.00/lb is required for trimmings, quarters, etc.
- We reserve the right to refuse any trim not properly handled. Treating your venison with care will yield a high quality product.
- When bringing in trim for sausage no fat, hair, or bloody pieces are acceptable.
- We strongly discourage trim brought in that is pre-ground.
- Pork trim must be purchased from or processed by the Edgewood Locker.
- All processed deer must be picked up and paid for in full within ten days after you receive a call that it is ready. Deer not picked up will be subject to a storage fee.
- When your order is completed we will notify you by telephone or email. It is extremely important to give your correct phone number and address to us when the deer is dropped off.
- We prefer you bring in your whole carcass deer to us hide on…it does not save you any money by skinning it yourself.
- Please do not put your deer meat into dark colored or scented garbage bags, as these are not intended for food use.
Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) has recieved much attention in the media lately. For more information about the myths of CWD, click here.